Skip to main content

Experience in the three day Yoga retreat








Down the memory lane of the Cauvery Sannidhi Yoga retreat by Yogabharati
Experiencing the unlimited compassionate energy
As we began our journey from Bangalore to the Cauvery sannidhi, many different thoughts were running in many minds. Leaving the family behind for few, unwinding from the busy schedule for few, yet another new experience for few. The bus journey brought all the minds together in Antakshari. There were melodious singers, one line singers, nonstop singers and for once , all of us were singers. Language as always, was not a barrier to music. We enjoyed hindi, Malayalam, telugu, tamil, kannada, Bengali, Punjabi, marwadi songs.
We stopped over at Bidadi for yummy Thatte idlis. As we reached the Gurukul, the place had a serene atmosphere and a positive energy in itself. We checked into our dormitory and how truly realised that material comforts and inner peace do not go together 😊
The flowing cauvery was so wonderous and is that why, the rivers are probably feminine in our culture. We forgot ourselves and lived every moment completely.
We were nourished at all levels, by simple healthy food ,by yoga,pranayama sessions by the river , by the energising krida yoga, RaghuramJi’s talks on Karma,Jnana and Bhakthi.
The simplicity of the Kanya gurukula girls touched all of us. The sanskrit sambhashanam among the girls was a treat to our ears. Their mantra chanting brought in wonderful energy to the space. The Sanskrit comedy play was amazingly enjoyable.
Our Yoga maya play and last minute dancing turned out memorable for all of us. The whole experience brought people together. All of us felt so very connected .One line that stood out after the camp was , ‘Life is simple , we make it complicated “ .

Sharing the experiences/testimonials of few  participants …


"I was sitting and enjoying the beauty of Cauvery, and one of the most beautiful experience happened. The cold water flowing thru my legs, tickling me now and then and the warmth of the Sun on the rest of my body. The hardness of the rock I was sitting on and the softness of the clothes I was wearing. The cool breeze touching my skin was most soothing. The sound of my friends enjoying with me and the silence I felt within. That moment cannot be captured, only experienced.  Happy to have witnessed the complementing nature of opposite values! And I am grateful for one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. Gratitude to everyone and everything that brought me this experience."

" I stared at cauvery. I saw the powerful water  rushing over the rocks. I remembered my elders always saying ' bande kal mele neer eredante ninge helodu' (Kannada saying)to the young people. I always took in a negative sense. But when I sat in front of cauvery I felt it is a good thing to be a ' bande kallu '....Not disturbed by any force. "

"Vikarma, free will, letting go, giving, loving jus as love n not expecting....got many things...now the challenge is to follow what ever we got. Sounds so simple. But...."
"As I saw the cauvery flowing I wanted to be like it. Not being attached to anything on its way but gracefully giving away on its way. "

"I got a new insight about love and letting go. Vikarma had been my way unknowingly and was not aware of the harm I was doing to myself. I took up the challenge of changing myself .. Thanking everyone ."
"It was tuning to nature at Cauvery Kanya Gurukula. Being with nature, by the river side watching the water flow by, or walking on the lawns with grass tickling the feet , the sound of water during the morning yoga sessions, lecture sessions , reminded one of the harmony in nature. Like the flowing river water which is fresh, reminded me of the life which can be like the flow of river with all its ups n downs. After the Nirvana Shatakam chanting, next morning while seeing the river reminded me of the temporary nature of things around us , n to contemplate on Non attachment."
"Mujhe Laga k Mey ek duck hu jisko swimming nahi AaTI bas Apne upar barosa rakhk bheti ja Rahi hu. Bengali Mey khete hey "MUKTO BIHANGA" ...hindi Mey Bolte hey "Nadan Parindey" or "AZAD PANCHI" shayad is pal ko mehesus ki .isliye Apne  phone ko silent flying mode Mey kar Dia tha Azad Panchi k tarha nach Sakti thi gaa Sakti thi aur JaB Mey Apne legs Ko cauvery k water Mey dip ki r bath Lia mujhe Laga Mey wo fish hu kise swim nhi bhi aye ga to chalega ,bas flow karna hey Jaha water  Apne bahao Mey leke jayega."

"One of the main learning was the explanation about how shraddha is the faith beyond reason and facts. Another thing I learnt is how deep bhakti in itself can be. And the strength of our emotion is much more important than what we are directing it towards. Also, I am very happy and grateful to have experienced the sincerity and generosity of all yb  teachers and raghuram ji to help us learn and grow in our journey.   Thanks to my friends who made it very enjoyable. Thank you all ." 
"My touching moment was when all of us were literally shaking hands with raghuramji. When he said bye.I felt like I found a Guru, SRIGURUBHYO NAMAH.."
"I can say the talks of Shri Raghuramji was an eye opener for me, especially the talk on the Karma yoga. The perception towards my work has changed and I could now look back and analyze what I used to do and how I'm suppose to do.I was also amazed on Shri Subramaniam Sir's talk as well, as the topic of Genetics is always in my interest. This talk really created a wanting in me to know more about Vedas upon which our culture is built and based on. This helps us in understanding more the way of life which we are leading (Hope I get a chance to learn more on this in future).
Ultimately, the word "Adrushta" explained by Shri Raghuramji in a single sentence was awesome.."

"My experience in Cauvery retreat took me back to my school days. I thoroughly enjoyed  all the activities. I laughed from my heart. Especially Raghuram Ji's talk's gave a lot of clarity in my mind. First day, when I went to Cauvery, I just sat and thought  about the flow of water hitting the rocks and moving forward. Appeared to shout life has so many obstacles but it should be taken as a  challenge to goahead and reach our destiny. But on the second day when I went in to the water  then I realised, that these rocks are not obstacles but it's just supporting the water to flow in a right manner. In the same manner i realised challenges and difficulties make us  stronger and help us to move forward in the right path. Thank u so much for all the facilities especially Raghuram Ji sir for giving me the opportunity."

-By the students of YIC 2017 Batch of Yogabharati
Venue: Cauvery Sannidhi Gurukula at SriRangapatna