Skip to main content

Are our Priorities right?

Take a few moment of your time today to check whether our priorities are right and going in the right way .

We women sometimes get so caught in the mad race of being busy and going to work by justifying our qualification, our years of hardwork to get that "so called name" in the society and also approval from parents that we become blind to see the present priorities.
Why do we go to work when it is not absolutely financially essential ? Friends,have we thought about it...
We work so much at our work place, house ,multitasking , managing kids studies, clothes, etc etc. phew...the list is endless. Even after juggling all of this with the best of our abilities,, there is little satisfaction and at the end of the day , one statement from the kids or our dear spouse that "you are always busy" makes us guilty. We wonder at that time....why are we working so hard actually......

 Hmm......what are we missing here....

 A beautiful quote which I read recently
"We work not to earn money , but to justify life"
Apt quote , Isn't it ?
When I think more on this quote somewhere I see that it applies right in my life.
We want to do something instead of being termed as "just a housewife".
 Are we working

 to prove ourself that we are equally smart as our better/equal half :) or even smarter than him
or
 to justify to our parents that "look , I am doing something and of course earning and it is not a waste that you educated me with so much difficulty
or
to satisfy ourselves that... hello lady, I am independent and I do not need to ask my spouse for that earring which I am eyeing on for a long time. I can buy , save, give my parents or do whatever I want to do. it is my money.
OOh ...what a deadly statement "MY MONEY". Does your spouse say " my money"???
Or
to fulfill our childhood dream even though it looks very impractical at the moment
Or

to make me happy and content that I am doing work to keep my life interesting and also to set an example to my kids that "look , your mom is doing something she is passionate about. She is living life to the fullest !! " At the end of the day, what I do is making me content.

Time to reflect on this, dear women friends...

When our priorities are right then there is no guilt factor here, there is no yearning for approval, appreciation,praise from another person,there is no STRESS.

A stress free women means a healthy , cheerful, content, powerful and dynamic woman. People around her get that abundant positive vibration and they blossom beautifully.

 List out your priorities and start acting on the one which needs your topmost attention. Let go of some things where you need to. Open your eyes and see how your loved ones are around you. Let us not be blind with our own wants and needs.
Let us be happy and make others happy too.

Another quote for all of u:-

"We can each define ambition and progress for ourselves. The goal is to work toward a world where expectations are not set by the stereotypes, but by our personal passion, talents and interests."- Sheryl Sandberg

Written by,
Prabha Krishna
Senior Yoga therapist and Secretary, Yogabharati, blore